September 30, 2021
SJF Hosts Future Impact: The Solar Century Panel
SJF Ventures hosted its second Future Impact series event on solar energy’s transition to the primary source of global energy this century.
On September 30, 2021, SJF Ventures hosted a conversation on the future impact of the “Solar Century.” Facilitated by Dave Kirkpatrick and Jacqueline Goodman at SJF, this discussion focused on solar energy’s transition to the primary source of global energy this century, which is generating climate, employment, resilience, and community benefits.
The panel consisted of Adja Ba, Chief People Officer at PosiGen; Emily Burks, Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Community Energy, Inc.; Matt Campbell, CEO & Co-Founder at Terabase Energy; and Kristan Kirsh, Vice President, Global Marketing at Nextracker. We were grateful for our speakers’ valuable insights, and to the audience for participating and sending in such thoughtful questions throughout the session.
Access to a full video recording of the webinar is available here.
Lastly, listed below are some industry trade publications, industry networks and trade organizations, podcasts, and books recommended by the panelists:
Industry Trade Publications:
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
- Canary Media
- PV Magazine
- Renewable Energy World
- Solar Energy International
- Solar Power World
Industry Networks and Trade Organizations:
- Advanced Energy Economy (AEE)
- American Clean Power (ACP)
- American Council on American Energy (ACORE)
- Intersolar North America (industry conferences)
- Renewables Forward (diversity and inclusion initiative in renewable energy)
- Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA – key trade association)
- Solar Power International (SPI – annual industry event)
- Bloomberg Switched On (future of energy, transport, and sustainability as told by Bloomberg New Energy Finance analysts)
- Experts Only Podcast, by CleanCapital
- Norton Rose Fulbright Currents Podcast (all “Thought Leadership” podcasts linked here)
- Political Climate, presented by the USC Schwarzenegger Institute
- Solar-Coaster Media
- Solar Podcast, by Continental Energy Solutions
- SunCast Media
- The Energy Gang podcast, a Wood Mackenzie Podcast
- The Freeing Energy Podcast
- Watts Up Podcast, presented by GRNE Solar
- What It Takes, interviews with the American Academy of Achievement
- Edison to Enron: Energy Markets and Political Strategies by Robert L. Bradley, Jr.
- Let It Shine: The 6,000-Year Story of Solar Energy by John Perlin and Amory Lovins
- The Energy Switch: How Companies and Customers are Transforming the Electrical Grid and the Future of Power by Peter Kelly-Detwiler
This webinar was the second event in a series of conversations about impact, trends, opportunities and challenges for different industries represented across SJF’s portfolio. SJF Ventures invests in high-growth companies mitigating climate change, advancing economic opportunities, and improving health. SJF has invested in 75 portfolio companies since 1999 and has offices in Durham, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle.